Thursday, February 28, 2008

Beware the Bear!

So my finger was hurting this morning and I mentioned it to my favorite boss who promptly got a horrified look on her face and tried to send me off to Urgent Care. Now, I did not see any reason to go there as I planned on poking my finger then soaking it in sea salt water to fix it. What? It isn't like I was going to just squirt Windex on it or anything. But when our colleague Pat added her look of horror and they both started worrying about my life expectency I decided to follow their advice. Cut to two hours later after getting two shots of numbing stuff in my finger, a scalpel slice in sad numb finger, a tetnus shot in same arm and a swathed-in-bandage finger. The beige-ness of the bandage was pretty depressing so I decided to embellish it. Now I have a happy brown bear instead of a throbbing bandage blob. You'd never guess I was a youth services librarian would you?

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You should post the picture of the bear in the zoo! (Through the chair slats.) It shows how ferocious the bear was! How's your finger doing now?

Cate said...

wow. i do love your bandage, but goodness, what drama! poor bear... you, not the bandage, that is.

p.s. thank you so much for the comment on my blog today. so sweet to hear from you. made my day!