Saturday, February 16, 2008

WIP (or things I may never finish)

Ok, for my non-knitting friends WIP stands for Works In Progress.... which are many or so it seems. Really I just have the baby blanket that never ends, Alex's skull hat, Sarah's scarf-thing and I plan on starting Evangeline today for my friend Melissa.
Alex's hat has a small deadline on it as I want him to be able to wear it while it is still cold. Luckily winter actually lasts in Seattle so he should be cold at least until mid-May. Not like here in Las Vegas where I am only wearing a light coat right now. Is it weird that I am jealous of all the Canadian knit bloggers when they talk about snow in feet(or whatever the metric equivilant is)and the weather being below freezing? Well really it is the snow I want, not the freezing temps. Back to my list of woe.
Sarah's scarf-thing was cast on in Oct. and I meant to give it to her for Christmas but it wasn't done, so I thought I would give it to her for Valentine's but it isn't done, so now it is going to be a catch-all "thinking of you" sort of gift.
The baby blanket that never ends was supposed to be finished in Oct. (when the baby was born). I really like this pattern from Stitch & B***h but if you aren't in the zone it takes forever to finish. At long last I am knitting the last 12 border rows and soon will be able to send it off. If you are on Ravelry I have the info on there. And if you aren't on Ravelry I will try to put pictures on this blog.
And Evangeline is going to be finished by mid-March because that is when Melissa will be here visiting. This is definitely positive thinking as I have yet to finish anything for her. That's it for now.
Happy Saturday!

No comments: